Centerville City Hall
250 N. Main Street
Centerville, UT 84014
(801) 292-8034 fax
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday
City Recorder: Centerville City is now hiring for the position of City Recorder. Come join our team as one of the City’s key personnel. The Recorder is a vital member of our working family who has an important role in each department of the City. One of your primary responsibilities will be to ensure minutes and agendas for meetings are taken accurately and all records are retained according to State guidelines. Another key responsibility for the City Recorder is to help the City foster trust with our community. This includes responding to public inquiries and using your creativity to publish print materials, social media and website content, and mass emails. In addition, you will be the Election Officer and manage the bonds for new development. The position also provides a great opportunity to work on other critical projects with the Council, staff, and public. Apply today to join the Centerville City team and help us achieve our mission of Making Life Better. For the job ad, click here. For the full job description, click here.
Recreation Employee: Centerville Recreation Department is seeking summer part time employees for the following areas: Sports, cooking, sewing, art, music, and other general assistants. Applicants must be 16 and have knowledge of skill. Minimum wage and up based on experience and skill level.
Substitute Crossing Guards: Must pass a background check. $9.50/hour. Drop off applications at the Police Department or email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Substitute Crossing Guard" as subject line.
Water Maintenance Operator I, II, or III: Full-time, regularly benefited employee. Starting salary will be $16.67 to $20.42 DOQ. Open until filled.
- Performs installation or repair of water service connections, performs pipe laying, water line repairs, repair or replacement of pressure regulators and fire hydrants; repairs water mains; maintains wells and booster pump stations; performs as a crew member in installing, maintaining, and repairing water lines.
- Monitors technical read‑out equipment to determine system operational status; checks and maintains pump stations and proper reservoir levels; checks pipelines for leaks and makes necessary reports; monitors chlorinators to assure proper discharge essential to maintaining purification standards.
- Conducts backflow inspections to ensure water system is not contaminated; checks proper assembly is installed at proper locations; schedules appointments with businesses, notifies of backflow problems, prepares necessary reports.
- Operates a variety of equipment and tools such as backhoe, rollers, jack hammers, compressors, packing machine, tapping machine, hydraulic pushing machine and tampers; cleans tools and equipment to ensure proper working condition; operates snow removal equipment as needed.
- Reads residential/commercial water meters for final reading for turn off date; replace or repair plugged water meters; informs city residents of water turn off and approximate time involved.
- Searches out shut off valves; water line leaks; assists in placement of pipe; thaws water pipes; repairs or replaces fire hydrants, and water regulators.
- Conducts water samples using proper sampling techniques and equipment.
- Responds to inquiries from citizens relative to water distribution and maintenance activities; promotes city image through positive public interactions; provides information and assistance to contractors as necessary; monitors construction activities within the public right of way to assure proper laying of new lines.
- Prepares reports of activities, samples and repairs; conducts parts inventory annually.