Kids soccer penalty kick
Vanted Manhole Sewer Main Cover Asphalt Side Street Water Drain

How To Apply For A Commercial Business License

Centerville is a great place to locate a business! This office has designed this set of procedures to help you understand some of the requirements for opening a business in Centerville City.

* Businesses that wish to use a business name, but are not incorporated or a limited liability company, MUST register the DBA with the State Division of Corporations, Assumed Name Section, located at the Heber Wells Building 160 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, 530-6955. The fee is $22 and is renewable every three (3) years. You must file either a copy of your approved DBA, a state approved copy of the Article of Organization for LLC’s or Articles of Incorporation for Corporations, at the time of application. Apply for a DBA online click here.

* Business involved with the sale of a tangible product must provide evidence of a State Sales Tax number. If you plan on securing the sales tax number at the same time as you register the DBA, you can obtain both of these at the same time at the Heber Wells Building listed above. You may also obtain the sales tax number from the State Tax Commission at 210 North 1950 West, Salt Lake City, 1-800-662-4335. If you anticipate commencing business in less than 8 weeks, you will need to apply for the number in person. There are no fees associated with obtaining a sales tax number.

* For additional information on registering your business, visit:

* Allow 30 days for processing. 30 Day Temporary Permits may be available for unforeseen delays.

* Fees are adopted by City Council and are represented in the Fee Schedule. A copy of license fees is attached.

* A license is granted when approvals have been received from several different departments, including South Davis Fire District, Centerville Building & Safety, Planning & Zoning, Police and/or Davis County Health Department. You must contact the South Davis Fire District and the Davis County Health for the necessary inspections.

South Davis Metro Fire Agency PH: 677-2412 Req. Y / N Appt:
Davis County Health Dept PH: 451-3296 Req. Y / N Appt:

* Temporary or soliciting type businesses are licensed on a separate application with specific requirements.

* License renewals are due January 1 each year. The License will indicate an expiration date. Renewal notices are sent as a reminder, but you are ultimately responsible for ensuring timely renewal payments. A 10% delinquent late fee assessed on accounts 30 days of delinquent. After 60 days, an additional 18% per annum delinquent penalty is assessed. Any delinquency after 60 days is forwarded to the Legal Department. Collection fees may be incurred by the delinquent license holder.

If you have any questions or need assistance in completing this application, please contact the Business License Department at 292-8232 and we will be happy to assist you. Completed applications should be submitted to the Business License Department, 655 North 1250 West, Centerville, UT 84014.


Community Development
Parks & Rec

Contact Us

Please enter your name.
Please enter a message.